Thursday, June 11, 2009

a boring post (absolutely no insight)

Well guys, its been two and a half months since I last spewed words onto a screen. Yeah, there are excuses, but who cares, right? I'm back now...ish. Campus ministry is a lot of fun and sometimes more work than you think. The majority of what I do comes in time-sensitive lumps. Which is ok, I guess but I'd rather have it spaced out.

Currently, I'm sitting in my brand spanking new office facing its fancy, red, accent wall. I'm supposed to take Thursdays off to prevent burn out and get stuff done. However, I have a desk and my laptop is here, so I think I'll stick around a bit. I really like having a space to go to. It gives a good definition to when I'm in work mode. Not only is it my office, its MY office. I had to clean out a junked up space, patch a couple holes, paint the thing, and put together the desk and chair. I have some serious ownership of this place. I'll be leaving it in a couple years and handing it off to another apprentice at the GCSC so that will be sad.

I like this space because it kinda validates me. It shows that I work and have a purpose. I like knowing where my place is in the world and that I'm doing something to effect it. I even have business cards now with the title "campus minister" on them. The first two weeks have been busy and I hope it continues. I like having something to do everyday.

Sorry kids that's it just another boring post. (But how about the new look, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment