Saturday, October 10, 2009

Reflections on the Pig Flu

Wednesday night, I took a quick vote among friends as to how manly we were. The qualifier for this being who had been infected with swine flu. This, of course, would isolate only one member at the table.
Thursday morning, I wake up with a terrible back ache and the feeling of a dagger being thrust into my skull. Ok, no need to panic, I don't have the flu, just woke up feeling bad. So I got up and took a shower, because that can make you feel better. Nope, didn't work. I went back to bed. The rest of the day was spent in the fuzz of a 102 degree fever, in my bed. Donnie brought Tylenol, Abbie brought a thermometer to confirm what we already knew, and Ryan brought me a 6 inch sub. Of which I ate approximately 2 and a half inches. Then Jim sentenced me to my room.
That night was spent in the grips of fever and my HD Dolby 5.1 dream world. I resolved to be awake the next day to escape my dreams.
Friday was a better day. 99.3 But, still a day spent as a pariah. Watched "Garden State" and then quickly wound down.
Saturday morning I woke up with a 98.2. Ate lunch with Abbie. All that remains of the pig flu is a nasty cough and fatigue (as you can tell by the suffering writing at the end of this blog). I'll post more, but a quick thanks to all those who kept me alive these past three days.

namaste
vaya con Dios

No comments:

Post a Comment