Monday, October 26, 2009

duh duh ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

So it's closing in on Halloween and that means candy corn, small children running around in the dark, college girls thinking that lingerie + animal ears = a halloween costume, desecrating large squash for art's sake, and nothing but gore flicks on television.

What does the the title of this entry have to do with gore flicks?

There has been a recent rash of scary gore filled movies that feature inbred, mutated, bible-bangin', cannibal hillbillies. Now, I take issue with this representation. I'm not the country boy I sometimes profess to be. I know plenty of these country folk and I love them. Second, why is there always a religious bent towards these cannibals? I know we profess to eat the body and drink the blood of Christ, but, seriously, come on in its just bland bread and grape juice.

Anyway, rather than blow up on this I leave you with the classic redneck thriller tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment